Saturday, July 26, 2008

1st Annual Neighborhood Barbeque

A few years ago, we accidentally crashed a neighborhood barbecue in the cul-de-sac behind us. It was so much fun that we decided to do one of our own. So, last year, I asked around about available times, but there was NO interest among the tenants at the time. This year I tried something different. I picked a date and invited everyone. About a month ago, I told everyone about it and passed out invitations. Everyone seemed excited about it (new tenants this year), so that encouraged me to continue.

It's today... and it's not going very well. I went around this morning to ask about grills (because no one called to volunteer any) and to give a time to have them at the backyard we're holding it at. Well, I got one grill... and one confirmation. SAD! It's going to start in an hour and I'm worried that it'll just be me, my neighbor to the south and the family whose backyard we're using.

I am excited about the food. We're bringing steaks and dutch oven potatoes. :) Mmmm! I'll let you know how it goes, but don't hold your breath!

1 comment:

kathbot said...

Bummer! I'd let you use my grill but apparently I read this post too late. I actually have some smaller camping grills as well. Hope it goes/went well!