Thursday, September 18, 2008

As soon as you can ...

I've been saying it since Reilly was born. As soon as you can ... 1. feed yourself; 2. dress yourself; 3. use the potty by yourself ... etc, etc, etc. Well, what I've realized is that the 'as soon as ...' NEVER end. Every day I come up with new ones. Today it was, as soon as you can stop whinning about EVERYTHING!

On the up side, I also find cool things to get excited about. Sean just learned how to write his name. It took him a lot of practice, but he did it all today. Sometimes I just want to run away and never look back (shout out to Mom), but other days I can see that they're getting more mature and intelligent. Those days are worth sticking around for.


... wow, that sounds really morbid... like I'm on the verge of walking out. Sooooo NOT the case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're out of there in 3...2...1...