Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Attempt Numero Dos!

Here's number two... it's about how to share the gospel with others. Too many Mormons think that it's a debate to be had between religious giants, when, in reality, the best way to convert others (the way the Savior spread the word) is to go into it with the intent to befriend and fellowship. What ever happens after that will be on the spirit present and the person who is listening. I have a new neighbor that I totally can relate to. Her husband is an Army recruiter who is a leader over many other recruiters. As a result, he is constantly out of the house and she rarely sees him except on Sunday (his only day off). Dustin has a similar schedule, so we jokingly call each other single moms. :) She is not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but has been very accepting of how I believe and asked a great deal of questions. I NEVER seek out missionary opportunities because I am terrified of putting people off or making them think that I judge them one way or another, and I think I've been blessed to have been given this experience. Whether she joins or not, I don't care. She's been a great friend and I wouldn't push her conversion for anything.
P.S. Le Mot is French for 'the word'... how clever am I???

No comments: